Howard's Mountain Lodge
From $249 for a Tongariro Crossing, Fisher’s Track or 42 Traverse Bike Track Adventure incl. 2 Nights' Accommodation for 2 People in a Standard Room at Howard's Mountain Lodge incl. Breakfasts, Options for Bike Hire Available
- Fine Print
- In need of a summer spot to blow last year’s dusty campsite out of the water? Have a summery stay and adrenaline-pumping adventure with this summer stunner!
- Head to National Park Village for a stay that’ll blow you away! Your voucher is valid until 1 June, 2017, making it perfect for the school holidays or as a sneaky weekend getaway
- Every package includes 2 nights’ accommodation for 2 people in a standard room (private with shared facilities) at Howard’s Mountain Lodge including daily breakfasts. Just choose to include one of the following activities (all options for 2 people)
- $249 for 2 nights' accommodation including transportation to the Tongariro Crossing and a packed lunch
- $269 for 2 nights' accommodation including mountain biking at either Fisher’s Track or 42 Traverse if you provide your own bikes, transport for 2 to the track + a snack pack
- $349 for 2 nights' accommodation including mountain biking at either Fisher’s Track or 42 Traverse, transport for 2 to the track, bike & helmet hire + a snack pack
- Howard’s Mountain Lodge is the perfect stay for families and groups!
- Enjoy the comfort of a guest lounge with fire, friendly staff, spa pool, DVD library, great kitchen as well as the convenience of accommodation located in National Park Village, less than 15km away from Mt Ruapehu. 100MB of free WIFi is provided per stay!
- Opt for bike hire and you’ll get to use a quality bike from Kiwi Mountain Bikes
- Check out more info on each activity option just below and grab your getaway today!
What We Like
Start your adventure in the Howard’s Lodge shuttle and see all the National Park area has to offer! Whether biking or hiking is your jam, there’s an activity to suit you this summer.
If two-wheeled treks aren’t your activity of choice, choose to be shuttled to the Tongariro Crossing. Hop on the shuttle, then start your walk through the vast and varied landscapes of the Tongariro Crossing.
Lonely Planet rates hiking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing as a life-changing experience not to be missed!
This world-famous day hike treks across active volcanoes, past emerald lakes and through stunning native bush. You’ll come across steaming vents and hot springs, old lava flows, beautiful water-filled explosion craters and stunning views. On clear days you can see Mount Taranaki in the west, Mount Ngauruhoe, the Kaimanawa Ranges, Lake Taupo and beyond.
2-3 Hours/Half Day
The Fisher’s track is 95% downhill and a stunning option for your biking adventures. You will start with a gradual uphill ride and then ride downhill through farmland and native bush, with views of Tongariro National Park through to Mt. Taranaki - it’s a breath-taking bike ride, in the best way!
T42 (42 Traverse):
4-7 Hours/Full Day
The 42 Traverse is one of the premier North Island bike rides. You will follow old logging paths through the Tongariro forest. With a combination of challenging uphill riding and long, rutted downhills, this track will test any biker - it’s not for the faint hearted!
The Fine Print
Offer expires on 1 June, 2017
Multiple vouchers can be purchased (limit: 10 for you & 10 as gifts)
Vouchers cannot be combined for a longer stay
Bookings are essential & subject to availability (ph 07-892 2827 & quote voucher code)
Book early to avoid disappointment
3 day cancellation policy applies or voucher is void
Additional $99 to upgrade to a room with your own bathroom, payable directly to Howard's Mountain Lodge
Single and additional guest prices available on request (enquire with Howard's Mountain Lodge)
Additional activities available, please enquire with Howard's Mountain Lodge (extra costs apply)
Limit 1 voucher per customer per visit
Must be used in 1 visit
No refunds or cash back (except where required by law)
Not for use with other offers